1. —Bill, if it doesn't rain, we can go straight on and spend more time in Vienna.
— ____C____ I just want to hear Mozart.
A. Well done !
B. No problem.
C. That' s great !
D. That' s it.
2. —Excuse me, do you have the time?
A. Yes, I do
B. Of course, I have
C. Aquarter to ten
D. No problem
3. —Will you join us in the game?
—Thank you, ____B____.
A. but why not?
B. but I’d rather not.
C. and I won’t
D. and I’ll join.
4. —I’ve studied growing plants as one of my interests. Could I make some suggestions?
A. You will make it
B. Go right ahead.
C. Don’t mention it
D. Take it easy
5. —Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the British Museum?
—Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
A. Thanks anyway
B. It doesn't matter
C. Never mind
D. No problem
6. Researchers have only succeeded in marking off fragmentary stretches of DNA. ___D___.
7. Companies now have an incentive to file more selective applications.___A___.
8. The sloppy reasoning of the speaker disappointed his supporters.___D___.
9. After three years of efforts, the scientists got ____A____ further than isolating a single gene with a single known function.
10. There is still ____B___ about Lawrence’s novels.
11. Some films have a misleading ____ A____ on children.
12. Global warming is likely to ___C___ a series of unpleasant effects.
13. That young man still denies ___C___ the fire behind the store.
B. to start
C. having started
D. to have started
14. ___C___ receiving financial support from family, community or the government is allowed, it is never admired.
15. I’d rather have a room of my own, however small it is, than ___A___ a room with someone else.
B. to share
D. to have shared
16. American football and baseball are becoming known to the British public through televised ____D___ from the United States.
17. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is __C__ .
18. Philip Roth was __B__ as a major new author in 1960.
19. A ___B____ number of books on this subject are in the library.
20. The river dried up during the hot ___ C____.
21. Daylight ___B___ long in the summer time.
22. An electronic message snapped his concentration.___B___.
A. caused to lose concentration suddenly
B. broke off
23. It is vital for parents to supervise teens as well as to teach them how to manage time.___B___.
B. very important
24. The solid particles were filtered ___C___ before the solution was used.
25. I had a bizarre taste, which I acquired playing football games. ___D___.